DTP – what is it?
The services we provide, covering typesetting of documents, can be divided into:
- simple DTP - consists in extracting text from a document whose layout is not too complex, i.e. it does not contain elements such as tables, graphical elements (diagrams, charts) that require localization; column text placement, indentations and breaks between paragraphs, margins, the colouring of the original is not faithfully preserved.
- complex DTP - faithfully reproduces the appearance of the final non-editable document wherever possible (depending on the quality and complexity of the file), localization of graphic objects; contains all the above-mentioned items not included in the simple DTP service.
- advanced DTP - editing of Auto CAD, Corel Draw, InDesign, and Quarkxpress formats; it is distinguished by the exact reproduction of the layout provided, yet not through conversion but through working directly on the source files received from the client.
Complete pre-press book preparation
We will prepare your book for printing from A to Z! Send us the text, upload the photos with their descriptions, and we will:
- design a cover
- carry out technical editing of your publication
- put everything together and prepare the files in the format ready for printing.
Our team consists of graphic designers with extensive work experience at printhouses, which guarantees compliance with technical specifications for documents to be printed.
Typesetting of marketing materials, catalogues and magazines
We also prepare all kinds of brochures, leaflets, catalogues, advertising newsletters, as well as magazines and journals. We frequently create multi-lingual materials with professional and high-quality translation.
Preparing documents for translation and post-translation
We can also perform graphic editing of your documents. Regardless of the file format (PDF, JPEG, etc.), we make every effort to ensure the layout of the translated document is as similar to the original as possible.
We can handle dozens of file formats, including:
- PDF and MS Office files (with non-editable parts), including password-protected files,
- complex scanned fax documents of low quality,
- raster image files, e.g. JPG, JPEG, J2000, GIF, TIFF,
- vector image files, e.g. AI, CDR, EPS, SVG,
- DTP files: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Framemaker, PageMaker, Quark, AutoCAD, etc.
All of the files are prepared for translation using MS Word or CAT tools (Trados, SDLX, Wordfast, MemoQ, Across, etc.).
We also prepare DTP files for on-line publication or printing.
The offer concerning a given project is prepared after we analyse your source files.